Daily occurrences from the Leica M8. Images available on Hahnmuhle cotton paper

DAILY STREET LIFE WITH MY LEICA M8 & M2 | IMAGES AVAILABLE ON HAHNMULE PAPER | BOOK/ZINE FROM WALLACECHAPMAN.CO.NZ

Friday, May 21, 2010

Order my book of photos.


AUCKLAND IS BURNING  - PHOTOGRAPHS 2005 – 2010
Wallace Chapman

40 pages
Perfect bound
softback
21x14.8 cm
b&w photography
25 dollars Limited to 600 signed and numbered.


Auckland is Burning is a homage to my hometown.

 “There is a lot of beauty about Auckland, and there is a lot of decay. The negligence of our architectural heritage, the beauty and diversity of the people, the flora and fauna of Karangahape Rd. For the last 5 years I’ve taken my camera everywhere, and being a big customer of Auckland public transport I have had a LOT of time to just observe and watch. Auckland is Burning is really just a result of that. “

“A lot of people like the exotic and spend their time travelling the world and photographing. For me the exotic is right here in the streets and sights of Auckland city – so in a way it’s a homage to the city I was born in, grew up in – and love.”  - Wallace

WALLACE CHAPMAN IS PRESENTER OF PUB POLITICS SHOW, ‘BACK BENCHES’ ON TVNZ7 AND OF ‘THE WALLACE CHAPMAN DRIVE’ ON KIWIFM. HE WAS FOUNDING MEMBER OF CONTEMPORARY ART GALLERY THE BLUE OYSTER GALLERY DUNEDIN.




No comments:

Post a Comment